ANN: GLX2 3.0.10

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 16:55:49 EDT 2012

Hi Keith,

Keith Clarke wrote

> Allowing undos past the last save is a huge advantage, as frequent
> saving is often used to mitigate the risk of instability, rather than
> create a hard 'version'.
> Cmd-S (or Ctrl-S) is your friend when developing or working with flaky
> apps or IDEs.

I agree that "allowing undos past the last save is a huge advantage."
For the particular case of the drawing stack posted previously, is really
convenient to have unlimited undos. Now, just have to think how
to adapt this code to save graphics and all their properties.
Many questions arise about how to make this correctly and with
efficiency.

About "flaky apps or IDEs", it would be really interesting to know
about a development environment that make impossible for the
developers to build code that do not crash the application.
I believe that this is impossible, but must recognize that I do not live
in the cutting edge of computer science so... Could this be possible
at all? Could anyone build or create a development environment where
it's impossible to create applications that crash?

Keith Clarke wrote

> [snip]
> So, why not simply show a dialogue to the user when the save point
> is being passed. This seems to be the general practice in this situation?

Yes, Exactly what I was about to suggest. :-D

Al