Reading PDF - a cry for help

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Thu Sep 29 14:45:20 EDT 2011

Stephen,

Evolution in all things. (smile) Unfortunately, most of my design errors have at least 50 years before they will fade away, although I recently drove past a site in Laguna Niguel where I had designed a Nursery in 1968 and found it had been replaced by a new bank. Price of land! And a low cost FHA housing project in Vista done about the same time should be torn down. It's falling apart due to neglect. Architecture is a fun profession to see work you can remember doing 30 and 40 years ago still being useful, though not always up to current standards. Since I engineer all of my own buildings, in Southern California it is gratifying to see that they are still standing. Now if the Economy will just rebound! I graduated from Cal in 1959, so I'm familiar with S.F. from my Summer Jobs.

Joe Wilkins
Architect