[Semi-OT] mobile paper prototyping stuff

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 29 12:44:40 EDT 2011

Andre Garzia wrote:

> I've been checking some mobile paper prototyping stuff lately and came
> across some items that might be of value to people on this list.
>
> http://www.tuaw.com/2009/10/03/mega-super-tuaw-shootout-of-the-iphone-ui-sketchbooks/
>
> The page above is a good summary of what was available some time ago. There
> we can see some paper sketchbooks with iPhone and iPad templates. There are
> many UI Stencils with common mobile controls available as well, so even
> people who are design challenged like me can have a shot at experimenting
> with their UI.

Good find, Andre.

For general info on paper prototyping techniques, these articles at User
Interface Engineering are worthwhile:

<http://www.uie.com/browse/paper_prototyping/>

I had the pleasure of seeing UIE's founder, Jarod Spool, at a SIGCHI
conference a while back, and the scope and depth of this thinking is
impressive (not to mention his energetic presentation style).  Lots to
learn from that crew.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World