[MAC OS GRIPE] editing filenames in MacOS finder, three state fields

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 26 15:52:15 EDT 2011

On 9/26/11 2:38 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> It's just too hypersensitive. sometimes it works correctly sometimes not.
> mostly not. Selecting either the text or the icon most often launches
> whatever it is. Driving me nuts. And when that happens while trying to drag
> from a folder of zips, it selects ALL of them, then tries to launch all. You
> can imagine the mess and cleanup, and impossible to stop once started
> (without pulling the plug)

You've probably already checked the double-click speed in System Prefs
and slowing that way down, but it's worth a mention. Also, Finder has
its own prefs and there is a Spring-Loaded setting there that controls
how long Finder waits before opening a folder you are hovering over.
Maybe that also controls other speed issues. It's probably a dead-end
but you could try setting that lower.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com