OS X Finder Search Question

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Sep 26 12:43:52 EDT 2011

Apple doesn't assume you are an idiot. They assume a lot of people in general are idiots. And they are right. Here and there I encounter people who try to fix their computer themselves. I just did a wipe and reinstall for one guy whose system was acting up, and 3 days later he was back because 2 of his apps kept throwing errors. Turns out he tried to get into his permissions for his library and jack with them, with the result that he locked his apps out of being able to access or modify their own preferences and other files.

Bob