Can't Get libURLftpUploadFile to Work

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sun Sep 25 16:35:27 EDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Took my first stab at using libURLftpUploadFile
>
> My URL is of the form
>
>        theURL = ftp://server Path//Documents/This Folder/That Folder/And
> Now Here
>
> and the file
>
>        myFile = /Users/gregory/Desktop/My Assignment.csv
>
> I use the standard answer dialog to prompt for file selection, but when the
> script is run, nothing is transferred to the server.
>
> on mouseUp
>   answer file "Choose the file"
>   if it is not empty
>   then
>      put it into myFile
>      libURLftpUploadFile myFile,theURL
>   end if
> end mouseUp
>

> I know that the address is correct because I can upload data to the server
> using
>
>        put URL (“ftp://“ & etc.)
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gregory

Hi Gregory.  This is the form I typically use for FTP uploading:

on mouseUp
  set the itemDel to "/"
  answer file "Choose the file"
  if it is not empty then
     put it into myFile
     put item -1 of myFile into tFileName
     -- change user:pass below to your credentials on FTP server
     put URL ("binfile:" & myFile) into URL ("
ftp://user:pass@server.com/path/" & tFileName)
  end if
 end mouseUp

˜Roger