Alternatives to SiteGrinder?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Fri Sep 23 20:19:33 EDT 2011

On Sep 23, 2011, at 2:23 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Just like SiteGrinder (
> http://www.medialab.com/) spits out compatible HTML & CSS & Javascript from
> Photoshop to all compatible browsers (iOS/Mac/PC/Chromebook).
>
> With SiteGrinder, I don't have to stay on top of the code idiosyncrasies,
> but can just focus on designing a website.

The big stumbling block for me with RevServer is the GUI design. I'm just not that HTML / CSS savvy. The nice thing about Revlets is that I do the GUI in Livecode and it just happens. Might not be outstandingly beautiful but for forms and data manipulation, the GUI it creates is pretty enough for my needs.

SiteGrinder looks like a great way to shortcut learning how to create HTML / CSS. Getting Photoshop and then SiteGrinder is not cheap but if it can get me past the GUI design part of RevServer, that could be a good way to go.

Looked at NOLOH (http://www.noloh.com) and it seems to be the wrong puzzle piece for being the GUI tool for RevServer. It appears to be much more and much less than what I'd want.

Are there other GUI tools that are a tad less pricy than Photoshop and SiteGrinder? Something that I can drop and drag GUI elements and have it create CSS and HTML? If I have the HTML and CSS, I can have RevServer "create" the HTML with the data in it.

Kee Nethery