[OT] RealPlayer for Linux

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Sep 23 18:25:11 EDT 2011

What's 1999? Har! No I remember, it was the way to go back then. We've come a long way baby. Nowadays, if I cannot provide streaming high res video to 50+ people at a time on a 500 node network and still have ample bandwidth for lots of people downloading stuff, my qualifications as an IT administrator are called into serious doubt.

I think part of any Corporate IT indoctrination training ought to be to set the new employee down in front of a PIII running at 800Mhz with a 56kbps modem and Office 97, and have them work that way for an entire day. At the end of the day, tell them, "We don't really expect you to work under these conditions, but we DO expect you to be satisfied with what you do get."

Bob