iOS external: how to pass arrays back and forth

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 17:33:13 EDT 2011

Okay, I'm trying to work on my very first iOS external using the externals sdk and am running into a road block. I'm trying to determine how I can pass an Obj-C NSArray object back to the LiveCode engine. The data in the array would then be used to populate a certain part of the interface. The NSArray is actually getting created inside an event handler method, so this method doesn't get called directly from my LiveCode script. Hopefully that makes sense. I can post code if it's absolutely necessary.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this before? And once I get the array back to the LiveCode engine, is it just a normal LiveCode array? Or does it need to go through some sort of conversion process first? What I'm ultimately hoping to do is take the data that's passed back and use it to populate a DataGrid.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm still kind of new at this Obj-C thing, so go easy on me. :-)

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield