Realbasic on the web without plugins

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 23 15:30:49 EDT 2011

Once again, a truly wonderful post from Andre on a subject he knows deeply.

The approach to translation through wrappers does indeed seem simpler
than how I was envisioning, but also poses a question:  Would RunRev
really want to publish what would be a form of their engine in
openly-readable JS?

The other approach, a sort of "virtualization", seems much simpler in
many respects, a similar to Heizer's LiveCard (was that the name?) which
ran HC as a sort of daemon process responding to minimal events over the
socket.

But unless I missed something, wouldn't that require a daemon, and
therefore exclude pretty much all shared hosting options?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World