[OT] Warp Drive, Here We Come

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Sep 22 23:45:04 EDT 2011

I love this stuff!  Throughout history, scientific discoveries have rocked
everyones beliefs about the world around us. Now we may be on the brink of
another such event which is hugely exciting to me and a privilege to be
living through it.

It may all turn out to be a calculation error but let's not assume that is
the case.  The world of subatomic particles is very strange (or charmed, or
left or right or up or down) and even if this turns out to be true, it may
not have any bearing on Newtonian physics.

I can't remember which physicist said this or the exact wording, but the
gist of it was that "anyone who says they understand subatomic particles
clearly doesn't know anything about them".

Pete