OT Help re Mac SideBar

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Sep 22 18:25:21 EDT 2011

Joe, that is not where the file is. The ~ in the path I gave you means Current User's Profile Folder. So the path to the file is in ~/Library/Preferences. That is why I said to type in a terminal window:
cd ~/LibraryPreferences

cd mean Change Directory.

If you like, go to the Finder Menu and select Go To Folder... from the Go menu and in the dialog box type ~/Library/Preferences. You can just find and delete the file from there. Might be simpler for you.

Nowadays it seems OS vendors want to hide the file system from the end user, with the result that the average user has absolutely no idea where things are.

Bob