Tell me I'm not crazy

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 12:20:48 EDT 2011

On 20 Sep 2011, at 16:45, Tereza Snyder wrote:

> Is it crazy to assume that if "=" works, then "<>" (or in other languages, "!=") would also?

Not crazy, but we know we shouldn't assume too much. Some of us don't have six hours of hair to lose. :-)

If it is intended to be taken literally as "less than or greater than" then it is probably working correctly.On the other hand, the docs say it's a synonym for "is not", but "is not" appears to work with arrays also. The following work the same:

not(array1 = array2)
(array1 is not array2)

So a documentation error perhaps.

Cheers