invisible Return issue to know about

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Sep 19 15:26:03 EDT 2011

I agree. I am not much for the idea that software should change anything in the clipboard, as they cannot possibly predict why I am pasting it or what the clipboard "should" contain. We have all heard about the problems people have had with Microsofts own clipboard translation technology. It's obviously necessary, otherwise how would a text app know how to paste spreadsheet data?

But for the receiving app itself to presume to alter the contents of the clipboard, well that can get ugly. The closest I can envision as acceptable is a warning upon paste that the clipboard contains non-compatible characters. Otherwise, having the compiler ignore them seems the better solution.

Bob