Unity on Windows 8

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Sep 19 12:18:35 EDT 2011

Or it might mean that they have taken so much from Apple already, that to take more would almost certainly result in another ugly lawsuit and this time Apple has the money to fight it.

I have a saying: You know as much after you say "Maybe..." as you did before you said it. I imagine others could come up with 8 or 9 more maybe's and in the end we would still be no closer to MS's motives.

The real motivator in my opinion is the fact that MS has these Software Assurance contracts that promise them free updates within a period of time. This means that MS MUST PRODUCE a "new" product at least twice within that time period (usually 3 years) or else those in the program are going to claim to have been swindled. Now there are only so many ways to do a thing, and precious few of those are going to be received as "better" than the ones before it. I am going to guess that under the Windows hood, not a lot has changed.

So it's not about what is "best" for them anymore. It is about what is required.

Bob