Comma-Delimited Files on Macs

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 17 19:51:20 EDT 2011

Hi Matthias and Richard,

Thanks for the tip Matthias.  I’ll give it a try.

Richard, I’m afraid that changing the extension does not cause the type to change.  I’ve been saving them with the extension “csv” and even even changed them manually to “txt” and then back to “csv”.  The Get Info window lists them as either Document or a Microsoft Workbook.

Regards,

Gregory

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011, at 7:33 PM,  Matthias wrote

i had a similiar question today.
Just put one of the following lines
set the filetype to "????CSV"
set the filetype to "XCELCSV"
in the script before you write the file.

???? means the CSV file is opened in the default application set in the system?s preferences.XCEL means  the file is assigned to be opened by Excel ( if installed).

HTH,

Matthias