Apple vs Android in the Enterprise

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Sep 15 20:04:35 EDT 2011

On Sep 15, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
> My reading of it was your customer would need the enterprise license not you. Is that wrong?

Yeah, that is my impression.  I suspect I didn't understand Chipp's need. Not that I know anything; that is just the impression I got.
http://developer.apple.com/support/ios/enterprise.html

The iOS Developer User Guide describes something called ad hoc distribution.  Maybe that is compatible with LiveCode.  Perhaps a few trial copies might be deployed through ad hoc distribution.  That allows control over exactly what devices are able to run the app and limits the evaluation time to a year.  Not that I know anything about this, either; I just saw it in the document.  Maybe this kind of thing will allow testing until a customer gets an enterprise license.

Dar

---------------------------
Dar Scott
dba
Dar Scott Consulting
8637 Horacio Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111

Lab, home, office phone: +1 505 299 9497
For Skype and fax, please contact.
dsc at swcp.com

Computer Programming and tinkering,
often making LiveCode libraries and