Best practice for performance testing

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Sep 15 12:07:26 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Andrew Henshaw <henshaw at me.com> wrote:

> Yes,  the Windows spec is pretty similar to my slower macs,  but the
> performance is significantly different, for example adding a few items at
> once takes a fraction of a second on the mac,  but about 2 seconds on the
> windows machine so Im sure there is a big code issue there,

Andrew,

It sounds like updating the UI is taking a while. Are you locking the screen
while you redraw elements using lock screen/unlock screen? If not try
wrapping those calls around your code and see if it speeds up on Windows.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems

LiveCode Resources for Developers: http://livecode.bluemangolearning.com