Cheap Android Tablet

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Wed Sep 14 07:43:53 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> So, by my tally (which could be off) we've had recommendations for these:
>
> Acer Iconia 500A (10 in)
> ViewSonic g (10 in)
> Asus Transformer (10 in)
> Nook Color (7 in, need to root)
> Archos 70 (7 in)
>
> Any others?
>
> FWIW, the pundits I listen to think the tablet market might be soured
> (sweetened?) by the recent TouchPad affair, in that consumers have shown
> they're more likely to buy in the $100 - $200 price range.  It will be
> interesting to see if tablet prices do indeed drop as result of the recent
> sell off.
>
> On a separate note, I'm wondering if there's some device that can be used
> as
> a reference for an Android phone, without having to be a phone (I can't
> afford a separate cell plan just for testing purposes).  My thought was
> maybe a 7" tablet device could be close enough.  Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design

If you are looking for a phone-size form factor device, here are some
options.  These are tiny wi-fi only tablets (no data plan).  You can think
of them as the iPod Touch of Android.  ;-)

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=217314260

http://www.merimobiles.com/Window_N50_Rockchip_RK2918_5_inch_Capacitive_Andro_p/meri0838.htm

˜Roger