pasting clipboard from Excel

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:59:31 EDT 2011

Hi Colin,

If this were a PC, you could use vbscript to create an invisible MS Word
document, paste the clipboard into the document, then save it as text or
some other format.

then, you could use LC to retrieve the contents of that document. It takes
like 1.5 seconds.

I don't know much about Macs, but I bet there is a way to do something
similar.

Does that help?

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Colin Holgate <coiin at verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to copy some cells from Excel (Mac, 2008 Office version) and
> paste it into a field in LiveCode. If I do that with Numbers all is good.
> From Excel I get nothing.
>
> 'the clipboard' tells me that it contains 'text, but that 'the
> clipboarddata' is apparently empty.
>
> If I take a moment to paste the clipboard into another program, I can then
> go on to paste in LiveCode ok.
>
> Is there a way for LiveCode to see the text from Excel without first
> pasting it into another program?

Do all things with love