Cheap Android Tablet

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Tue Sep 13 10:22:12 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Admin wrote:

> The viewsonic, while good, has a very annoying design flaw and must
> be rooted to work properly. you are far better off with a Acer Iconia
> A500 - IMO, the best tablet out there because of features and build
> quality.
>
> Mike

Yes Mike, it has a design flaw and must be rooted, or better yet - replace
the ROM with CyanogenMod from xda-developers forum.  I need to stress the
purpose of my tablet.  The viewing angles are just ok, but for the primary
user looking directly at the screen, it is awesome.

I don't buy a testing device in the same way as I buy for ME.  I don't want
the best tablet, I want one that I can experiment with, and that is low-cost
enough that the real people can afford them.  In all honesty, a very low
percentage of users can afford the best, and those $99 tablets might be
worth having just to see how your apps will perform for that market
segment.  Excluding low-income tablet owners from playing a game because the
developer only has high-end equipment for testing just seems like a flawed
business design, IMHO.

~Roger