Cheap Android Tablet

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Tue Sep 13 08:37:35 EDT 2011

The viewsonic, while good, has a very annoying design flaw and must
be rooted to work properly. you are far better off with a Acer Iconia
A500 - IMO, the best tablet out there because of features and build
quality.

Mike

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 20:01:05 -0700, Pete wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Roger. I should know by now that most things
that
> sound too good to be true are too good to be true!
>
> I plan on
getting an Android tablet at some point, hoping a market leader
> will
emerge. I'll check out the Viewsonic

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Roger Eller wrote:

>> I'd say the worst
strikes against this tablet is the resistive touchscreen, and OS 2.1
(not LiveCode compatible). I don't know if it could update to 2.2 or
not. I learned the hard way that a resistive screen will increases ones
frustration level immensely. After two cheap tablets, I am happy with my
Viewsonic gTablet for $269. Still cheaper than most, but it is fast and
versatile, running a dual-core Tegra2. I can install 2.2, 2.3, and 3.0
on it for testing LC apps. And having smooth Netlix playback is my
favorite bonus. ˜Roger _______________________________________________
this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
preferences: http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode [2]

Links:
------
[1] mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com