Password protecting a stack in the distribution

jacques CLAVEL jacques.clavel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 15:47:11 EDT 2011

Same problem here trying to encrypt my library (to be used on on-Rev
server). Livecode 4,6,3 on Mac (4,6,4 not tested now).
My problem is now solved (see second try) but the workflow is not
straightforward.

First try (does'nt work:
- Main stack (splash screen) and my library (start using as it does).
- standalone app settings:
      - main stack: encrypt with password
      - add stack file: my library, encrypt with password
      - Result: no encryption of my library (found in the pack ->
contents/MacOs/myLib.livecode

Second try (was successful):
- Main stack and myLib as substack
- standalone app settings:
      - main stack:
            - check "move substack into individual stackfiles"
            - create folder for this stack (jc)
      -  encrypt with password (for both main stack and myLib)
      - Result: nin the folder found in the pack -> contents/MacOs/jc there
is a file myLib.rev (rev???) which is encrypted (to verify:
open myLib.rev with TextEdit, or open a script in Livecode).

Why is it so "tortuous" to only encrypt a library?

Jacques