Question About PreOpenStack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Sep 9 22:24:40 EDT 2011

There has been some good info about how to block a preOpenStack handler
from falling through to the mainstack, but I'm not sure that was the
question. Gregory will have to verify, but as I understood it, he has a
valid preOpenStack handler in a substack but it isn't executing.
Instead, he gets the mainstack's handler.

I can think of two reasons this might happen. One is as Craig mentioned:
the preOpenStack handler in the substack is passing the message, so it
moves on to the mainstack. In this case, both would execute.

Another reason it might happen is if you've already opened the substack
during this session, moved to another card, and then closed it. LiveCode
preserves the card position the next time you open the stack in the same
session. If the preOpenStack handler is in the first card of the
substack, and it opens at card 2, then the mainstack's handler will
catch the message because there isn't a handler on card 2 for it.

That's all I can think of that would cause the substack to miss catching
the system message.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com