Checksum via FTP???

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Sep 9 19:08:48 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 9/9/11 11:27 AM, Roger Eller wrote:
>
>> The following function was posted on the old Use-Revolution list.  I was
>> wondering how to do the same after downloading a file via FTP.  The server
>> ONLY has an FTP connection, no SMB/CIFS.
>>
>> -- by Chipp Walters (4/27/2007 on Rev List)
>> function getChecksum pFilePath
>>     if there is not a file pFilePath then return ""
>>     return URLencode(md5digest(URL ("binfile:"&  pFilePath)))
>> end getChecksum
>>

> This reads a file on disk, so it shouldn't matter how the file got there.
>
> --

Sorry, I am rarely clear enough with my questions.  Ok, if I get a file from
a file server that only has FTP connectivity, I can use this function to
return a value from the locally downloaded version of the file.  Unless I
can also get this value from the source file which is on the server, with
ONLY FTP connectivity, I cannot compare them to validate a complete and
uncorrupt download.

Could I also do something like this:   (I probably should try it)

get URLencode(md5digest(URL ("ftp://user:pass@"&  pFilePath)))   ?

~Roger