Question About PreOpenStack

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:59:13 EDT 2011

I always put empty preopenstack, openstack, preopencard,
and opencard handlers for my substacks. I also put in a closestack handler
in the substack that tells the substack to close. This seems like it should
just be a standard thing to do when making substacks. This will prevent any
stray messages from traveling up to the mainstack and causing problems.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 9/9/11 2:09 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
>
>> Recently, Gregory Lypny wrote:
>>
>> I have a main stack with a PreOpenStack handler and sub-stacks with
>>> PreOpenStack handlers.  Why is it that when I click a Go button in the
>>> main
>>> stack that opens a sub-stack, the PreOpenStack handler in the main stack
>>> is
>>> executed?
>>>

>> Messages from substacks automatically "fall through" to the script of the
>> mainstack.  If you don't want this behavior, you can:
>>

> Except it should go card -> substack stack script -> mainstack stack
> script. I thought.
>
> Greg says it doesn't.
>
> --

Do all things with love