Syllable OS and Livecode ?

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:20:42 EDT 2011

Andre

On 7 Sep 2011, at 21:42, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Many Syllable project members are heavy REBOL coders

Kaj de Vos, the Syllable lead developer, is a heavy REBOL coder. I'm not sure about the others.

> they have a FOSS REBOL clone named ORCA or BARON.

Boron is the successor to Orca. It is REBOL-like rather than a complete REBOL clone. The syntax is very REBOL-like but its scope isn't as wide as REBOL. It is seems more responsive than REBOL which is no slouch, but I haven't used it a lot. It does have a few quirks. There is more info at http://urlan.sourceforge.net/boron/

The REBOL-derived Red Language is also available for Syllable (http://www.red-lang.org/)

Regards

Peter