changing object colour references from hex to rgb

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Sep 6 03:38:28 EDT 2011

OK, I want to set the background of some objects to a hex value - easy enough - but then at a later stage I want to compare an RGB colour value with them to see if there is a match. However, if I set the colour using a hex value the queried value for the object remains as a hex value. Is there any way I can force the queried value to report as an RGB triplet, or do I need to programmatically convert them?

Terry...