DataGrid: some questions

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 11:53:16 EDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Matthias Rebbe
<matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de> wrote:

Hi Matthias,

> what do i have to do to let my user to add a new row to a DataGrid table? I can edit an existing row(with already text in it), but i cannot add a new line to the grid by clicking into the next empty row.
> Is that not possible?

Have a look to the lab stack "Experiment 18 - Dg interaction with a
control of a column":
http://www.aslugontheroad.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=7:data-grid&Itemid=63

> And is it possible to let a user just enter a number of a specific range eg only 1,2 or 3 and if the user enters other values this is not possible?
> Can this check be done while the users is entering data into  the DataGrid table?

This is doable by customizing the column behavior script.

> And the last quesiton: I want to let the user select  between two values (text) in one field of a DataGrid table. Can this be done with a combo box. Or is this only possible when working with DataGrid forms?

This is doable in dg tables and dg forms

As a DGH user, you can follow the lesson I've just uploaded:
http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4068/l/28533-How-Do-I-Create-a-Menu-Button-in-a-Column-

Best regards,

--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)