image library

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 15:20:41 EDT 2011

On 10/28/2011 09:55 PM, Pete wrote:
> Hi Edward,
> In LC, you'll find the Image Libraries in IDE stacks named "revLib" plus the
> name of the library.  If you switch on LiveCode UI Elements in the View
> Menu, you'll see those stacks (if there are any in your application).  Each
> stack has one card that holds all the images.
>
> I don't know where they are kept in HC, but I imagine if you could somehow
> copy the HC images into IDE stacks with the correct name, they would show up
> in your application's Image Library.

"somehow" is the problem; it can be done, and is extremely tedious as
has to be done image
by image; as far as I know (and that probably isn't all that far).

> I realise this is not very specific!  I've never messed with the IDE stacks
> so not sure what's involved, other than making sure you have a backup copy
> to go back to before doing anything else.
>
> Hope that at least gives a place to start from.
>
> Pete
> Molly's Revenge<http://www.mollysrevenge.com>

Dunnit, and got slagged off by people who should have known better
because I was
copying "protected material" (i.e. the HC icons, as if anyone really
gives a sh*t about them any more;
don't you just love those people who rush to protect the interests of
people who wouldn't raise a finger to help them?). However I never found
an automated way to do this;
tedious in the extreme.