LiveCode alternative to Sitelok?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 14:51:39 EDT 2011

Thanks for the responses Stephen. I should have mentioned that I already have .htaccess control, courtesy of the RapidWeaver Lockdown plugin http://loghound.com/lockdown/index.html

Lockdown is great but is only accessible via the RapidWeaver desktop app - I have to republish the Lockdown page from my Mac to add a user. Yes the on-rev 'Password Protected Directories' page is an alternative and not confined to a desktop app, but it still requires me. I was looking for a server-based environment to be able to spread the load a bit.

However, now you've got me thinking - maybe I can cobble together a little LiveCode app to manage the passwords file on the server…
Best,
Keith..

I'd love to have a go at rolling my own but time is tight at the moment.

On 26 Oct 2011, at 19:11, stephen barncard wrote:

> htaccess is something you'd want to use for just a few members, there is no
> user management per se, with .htaccess except what is done manually.
>
> You could do user access in Livecode Server.  One could use cookies and
> server variables.   Look at the Livecode source of some of the user-created
> livecode CMS systems like
>
> REVIGNITER <http://revigniter.com/>
>
> SPLASH-21 <http://splash21.on-rev.com/>
>
> I am sure there are others.
>
> On 26 October 2011 11:01, stephen barncard
> <stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com>wrote:
>
>> quick and dirty:  use a .htaccess file. Apache is your friend. you get a
>> nice password-user dialog before being allowed to that directory. No coding
>> required, really except for a few lines in an invisible text file
>>
>> ON-rev control panel has a utility to create these files in situ:
>> *Password Protected Directories*
>>
>> On 26 October 2011 10:54, Keith Clarke <keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>> I need to add a secure members area to a web site I'm building in
>>> RapidWeaver (nothing fancy - just user management to limit page visibility).
>>> I've been recommended Sitelok, but I don't particularly want to have to
>>> learn the necessary PHP.
>>>
>>> The site is hosted on my on-rev account and so, I wonder if there is a
>>> reasonably straightforward LiveCode server and/or revIgniter solution or
>>> project out there for membership management and page access security?
>>> Best,
>>> Keith..