[OT] Box.net free 50Gb for iOS 5 users

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 26 00:49:04 EDT 2011

Thanks Chipp!

Terry...

On 26/10/2011, at 12:10 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

Hey guys. You don't want to miss this free lifetime giveaway. Box.net<http://Box.net> recently closed on a huge round of financing, and they are now, for a limited time, allowing anyone with an iPhone or iPad and iOS5 to download their free Box.net<http://Box.net> app from the Appstore and register for a free 50Gb of online storage!

The free app pretty much sucks, but the the storage is very real. You can set up GoodReader and other desktop clients (not Box.net<http://Box.net> desktop client as they will charge you for it) and access your 50Gbs however you like. Also, if you don't have an iPhone or iPad, a friend can sign you up. Plus, you can sign yourself up for as many email addresses as you like. I've set myself up with 3 accounts and 150Gb of free data storage. I plan on using GoodSync to back up to Box.net<http://Box.net> all my important files. One note, you cannot upload a file larger than 100Mb, which shouldn't be too big an issue for me.

You can use the free version http://www.gladinet.com/ to also see all your cloud storage devices as folders on our desktop.

Hope this works for some of you!

Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc