3D Icons Project - What's Your Level of Interest?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Oct 24 13:19:29 EDT 2011

Hi all,

About half of my business is really jamming as we approach holidays, but I
wanted to let people know that I haven't dropped this project.

In a nutshell, what this would involve is producing 3d icon models with
textures that then could be either incorporated into a real time playback
situation (like Franklin 3D for LiveCode) or could be rendered by devs to
produce their own, true 3D icons. If you are not so familiar with 3d art
rendering, many software packages let you rendered to multiple layers so you
can produce not only the image but also a nice mask to go with it.

I may have some manpower to start devoting to this from mid December, so Id
like to find out everyone's level of interest. It would certainly be
possible to do this either as a "product", ie 3D icon packs, or as a
"subscription" type service, where models are produced throughout month/year
and subscribers could use them.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President