Was "New rendering test" or something like that

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:32:26 EDT 2011

Hi Jim,

James Hurley wrote:

> [snip] from Alejandro I have been introduced to
> the beautiful mathematics behind the Bezier curve
> and the utility of ExportToIllustrator"
> (I can't imagine what must have gone into that)

Actually, I have make that question myself.
If some of you take notice, some versions
of these experiments were created or last
saved after midnight... at an hour where
I should be sleeping, instead of coding!!!
More so, after a whole day of tiring work...

The only possible answer is a personal fulfillment
of my curiosity. In the case of beziers, it was my
quest to see if it was true that in the screen,
these curves are actually a series of straight lines.
(Yes, they are, but when I first encounter them in 1988,
I though that they were just a continuous line of dots)
After the bezier code produced a line, my curiosity
shifted towards the question: "How could this line be actually
useful?"  The answer was "Importing and Exporting them as
vector graphics". :-D

James Hurley wrote:

> Not only is this list the source of wisdom but it may be the most
> civilized list in the computer world.  And with so many who have a right
> to a considerable ego. Astonishing. It is so easy to be misinterpreted in
> communication without accompanying body language. There are about 45
> muscles in the human face, most for the purpose to presenting emotion. How
> many emoticons are their?

Yes, this is my appreciation too.

James Hurley wrote:

> So, though 80, I am unwilling to accept Job's tribute to death as "the
> single best invention of life." That's a hard sell. To me, as I believe it
> was to Jobs, the best part of life is the pursuit of goals that excite.
> (As an aside, when I retired from teaching and research, I moved to the
> foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and built my own house. Every
> bit. By myself. I am so proud. The worst part was being finished.)
> But I digress. Needless to say, I deeply appreciate being well thought of.
> Thank you.

I wholeheartly agree. A passion that drives and a goal that inspire.
That's what keep the world rolling. I want to build my own house
in the future, but it would be a Dome that does not leak! :-D

Al