Resizable DataGrid Question

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:24:56 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM, zryip theSlug <zryip.theslug at gmail.com> wrote:

> on FillInData pDataArray
>   put pDataArray["LastName"] & \
>      comma & space & pDataArray["FirstName"] & space &
>      pDataArray["MiddleName"] into tCurrentName
>   set the text of field "Name" of me to tCurrentName
>   put the dgIndex of me into tTheIndex
>   put (the dgIndex of me - 1) into tThePreviousIndex
>   if (tThePreviousIndex > 0) then
>      put GetDataOfIndex(tThePreviousIndex, "LastName") into tPreviousName
>   end if
>   if ((first char of tCurrentName is not first char of tPreviousName)
> or (tThePreviousIndex is 0)) then
>      set the visible of group "spacer" of me to true
>   else
>      set the visible of group "spacer" of me to false
>   end if
> end FillInData

After a test trying to sort the datagrid I change my mind to use
dgLine instead of dgIndex.
The final result is:

on FillInData pDataArray
  put pDataArray["LastName"] & \
     comma & space & pDataArray["FirstName"] & space &
     pDataArray["MiddleName"] into tCurrentName
  set the text of field "Name" of me to tCurrentName
  put the dgLine of me into tTheLine
  put (the dgLine of me - 1) into tThePreviousLine
  if (tThePreviousLine > 0) then
     put GetDataOfLine(tThePreviousLine, "LastName") into tPreviousName
  end if
  if ((first char of tCurrentName is not first char of tPreviousName)
or (tThePreviousLine is 0)) then
     set the visible of group "spacer" of me to true
  else
     set the visible of group "spacer" of me to false
  end if
end FillInData

I've uploaded a lab stack here:
http://www.aslugontheroad.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=7:data-grid&Itemid=63

This is a very simple datagrid. Instead to have a "spacer" group, it
has a button shown or not. Code is in the form behavior script

Best regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.com