New rendering testing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 19 12:00:27 EDT 2011

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> James Hurley wrote:
>>
>> My cup already runneth over. I'm 80 years old now, but still manage to
>> keep busy.
>> Only my memory is shot. But there are advantages to that as well.
>> There is a lot I won't mind losing track of.
>>

> Well, your activity in this platform suggest that your
> mental age is several decades younger.
> Your generation is a witness of the rising of
> the modern world. Hopefully, all your wisdoms
> and insights will be available in the future for
> those who want to learn from them.

Indeed it has:

For as long as I've been working with xTalks, most of the cool stuff any
of us writes that involves math has been influenced if not written by
Mr. Hurley.

 From HyperCard and SuperCard to LiveCode, Hurley's influence has been
felt far and wide.

He is a math god, and more than that one of the best teachers I've ever
known, able to not just possess valuable knowledge but also has the gift
of being able to transfer that knowledge to others.

Damn, if he was my high school physics teacher I'd probably be working
at NASA today.

He may get mad at me for writing this because he's also one of the more
humble souls I've come across.  But it's the plain truth, as anyone here
who's used his code will attest.

Thankfully, he lives a couple thousand miles from me so he can't come
over here to punch me for my comments. :)

So I stand by them, with a career's worth of gratitude.

One of the very best moments I've ever had at a conference was at
RevLive in Vegas when Jim showed me his rainbow simulator.  Ultra-cool
stuff, as is just about everything he turns out.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World