Another examples of the screen refresh problem on the Mac?

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Tue Oct 11 15:40:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

to anyone who is interested in the stack moving two graphics and different
settings of syncrate, a handler that calls itself and does a lock screen
wait for syncrate milliseconds and unlock screen
and the Livecode 5.0 options of compositortype/tile/cache and layer mode and
wants to test all the possible variations by optionMenus checkboxes etc here
is the stack to test (basically the one I sent to Jim Hurley plus the
livecode 5 options)

berndniggemann.on-rev.com/movegraphic/movegraphic.livecode.zip

I still don't seem to get the Livecode 5.0 graphic options. At least I only
see minor improvements with moving two graphics along a path of 180 points.

The largest effect on smoothness comes from reducing the syncrate. And I
agree with Colin that the dictionary has it the wrong way around: the lower
the syncrate the smoother the movement and the higher the processor load.

A little to the smoothness is added by calling a handler during movement
that lock/pauses/unlocks the screen. Graphic effects do not seem to be of
much difference.

I am still not shure about the optimal settings.

Kind regards

Bernd