[OT] A Fairy Tale About Running Water and LiveCode...

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Oct 11 14:43:45 EDT 2011

Folks,

I worked till late yesterday. I think it was about 2:00 AM or 2:30 AM when I
slowly moved myself from my workstation to my bedroom. I coded for so long
because I was trying to fix a bug in some software and things kept breaking
until even my cat meowed at me compelling me to go to bed.

Rio de Janeiro summer rains are something that people from overseas are not
familiar with. Rio can be 38C during the day and then, out of nowhere, lots
and lots and lots of Rain will fall down. You can imagine something like the
amount of water predicted for a month, falling from the sky in about one
hour.

At about 4:00 AM, I woke up with mixed fellings, I didn't knew if it was all
the thunder, rain and wind that woke me up or the fact that I woke up with
the solution for the bug. It was there, clear on my mind, what I was doing
wrong was dead simple. I decided to wake up and go back to the computer to
fix the damn thing so that I could sleep. Heavy thunder and rain outside.
When I reached my little office space, I found that even though all my
windows were closed, water was pouring down my building. I am on the 18th
floor with no other tall building between me and the bay, the wind is very
strong. All the windows of my house were closed but water was coming down
from them thru AC cuts and badly designed aluminum frames.

There was a small waterfall running on from the window to the cats litter
box. There was water on the office almost near the computers. There was
water on the floor of my bedroom but I switched from my japanese style bed
to something so high that I almost need a stair to climb a month ago. Had I
kept the japanese style bed, I would have felt the water earlier.

I was kept awake containing the water until about 8:30. Cleaning stuff. I
forgot the bug solution. I remember I had it for a while. The floor is dry
though.

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.