LiveCode 5.0 Released

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Tue Oct 11 06:58:03 EDT 2011

Dear List Folks,

I’m pleased to announce that LiveCode 5 has just been released.  Our
servers have been updated with the new product and it is available for
download from your accounts, if you have a valid 5.0 license. To log
in to your account go here:

http://www.runrev.com/store/account/products/

If you don't have an up to date 5.0 license, here's why you might want
to get one:

• Fastest Ever App Performance
     10X faster rendering performance than previous versions means
LiveCode built apps are faster and better than ever. Applications
already written in LiveCode can take advantage of the hardware
acceleration without rewriting your code.
• High-Performance Graphics Engine
     Make great games or smoother, slicker apps than ever before with
LiveCode 5.0. LiveCode now utilizes graphics hardware acceleration and
OpenGL, animated sprites, textures and scrolling backgrounds,
collision detection, vector graphics in popular formats, drop shadows,
transition effects, multi-channel audio and video to make your apps
stand out from the crowd.
• Support for iOS 5
     Up to the minute app development with support for iOS 5.
• In App Purchases
     Make more money with your apps – even free apps! In app
purchasing accounts for 72% of all revenue for the iPhone apps that
include it! Access this revenue now with LiveCode 5.0.
• Last but not least, we're giving away a free copy of the newly
optimized and excellent animationEngine with every LiveCode purchase
during October. This includes upgrades and platform addons as well as
new licenses.

Learn more here:

http://runrev.com/products/livecode/introducing-livecode-5-/

Upgrade options:

You can upgrade just one deployment option, or all deployment options,
from within your account.

For Commercial Customers:
For the first time ever we’re offering an excellent deal with this
upgrade to get a complete license. For the heavily discounted upgrade
price of only $749 yearly you can get access to every commercial
deployment option as well as the LiveCode developer program. Plus,
you’ll get the peace of mind that you’ll get every update and new
deployment option that we release during the year included in your
annual cost.

You can find more details in the ‘Upgrade to Complete’ tab in your
account:

http://www.runrev.com/store/account/products/

Visit our store here:

http://www.runrev.com/store/

We're really looking forward to see the killer apps you will make with
this new best ever version of LiveCode. Happy LiveCoding!

Warm Regards,

Heather

Heather Nagey
Customer Services Manager