Questions About Uploading Files to an FTP Server

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 10 12:07:00 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

Still tweaking an app to allow my students to upload files to an FTP server and save a log of their submissions.  I would like to restrict the size of files they upload, and want to know whether the way to do that is to first set the defaultFolder to the folder in which the file they have chosen resides and then collect information about it.  If so, will resetting the defaultFolder mess up a standalone app in any way?  Should I immediately reset it to empty after the upload?

As for students saving data to disk, I learned from this list that writing data using the put URL form should be followed by file: for Windows users (I am a Mac user and accustomed to file://).  What is the correct path form for Linux?

Regards,

Gregory