UIWebView control flash

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Oct 9 22:09:45 EDT 2011

Recently, Jacque Landman Gay wrote:

> I'm setting up a browser control in a preopencard handler. Normally
> preopencard doesn't display anything while it runs, but even if I
> surround the handler with lock/unlock commands, the card itself is
> briefly visible before the control appears. That means the user sees the
> underlying card for a moment before the full-screen browser content appears.
>
> Is there a trick to getting it to draw before the card is visible?

Jacque:

I don't know if you ever found a solution to this, but one suggestion I was
thinking of was to have a black card with the browser scaled to 1x1 pixel,
like the black screen that will sometimes precede a video (or even white, if
that makes more sense).  Then you could scale the browser to card size and
be off.  Just a "smoke and mirrors" thought.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design