iOS and Mac mini and App Store

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 01:08:42 EDT 2011

On Oct 8, 2011, at 12:18 AM, Colin Holgate wrote:

> What processor does the Mac mini have? It would want to be Intel,
> and you would need it to update to Snow Leopard.
>
> It's $99 a year to be an iOS developer.
>
> Don't know how long it takes these days, but there is a chance it
> could be done before Wednesday. When I signed up it took four
> months, but it's quicker now I'm sure.
>
> Yes you can run apps you make, on up to 100 devices, whether those
> are yours or your boss's.
>
> I don't think the app would work in someone else simulator, but I
> may be wrong.
>
> He could always make a standalone application to show how it's
> progressing.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I can update the Intel to Snow ( although the Rev site says 10.5.8 or
10.6 will work )
I did not realize that the standalone would run on the iPad before you
got the Apple developer approval.  The gestures are part of the beta
test this next week and would not work on a desktop, of course.

  He is a young guy who is tired of C+ and wants to try LC on a low-
cost Mac.

Hope all is going well now that Autumn is on the way :-)
Thanks for the help.

Jim Ault