new iPhone 4s

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Oct 5 21:50:42 EDT 2011

How are you updating your apps? Do you users automatically receive updates
every time they launch their app?

I have been trying to update my iPad for 2+ hours now, and hopefully it will
be done soon and I'll have the new "add folder" feature (or is it on beta
software only?). And THAT is the reason I don't update so often-- it just
takes TOO long. I also don't update my Win 7 computer every patch released,
nor did I update my Mac to Lion just yet. Like many, I tend to 'wait a bit
for the dust to settle.'

You misconstrued my lame attempt at making a point. The point is NOT whether
the iPhone is a better choice for typical users. My point was a rebuttal to
Colin's criticism of Androids workflow. Anytime you have to hook your mobile
device to a desktop computer just to manage it, is IMO, a HUGE workflow
issue.

Let's stop this back and forth. I understand you really like the iPhone-- we
can both agree on that. I have one. And, we can own one companies model and
still appreciate features in another companies model. There was a time I
used to design computers for all these guys and couldn't afford to be fans
of only Apple, or Compaq, or Dell, or Toshiba, or IBM or Sony. I suppose
that is why I now try and look at all these models and brands from as
objective viewpoint as possible.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Gerry Orkin <gerry.orkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't use enterprise distribution so I can't comment on that - it does
> sound a pain, and I'm not defending it - read my message again. My point was
> that your problems with that have NO bearing on whether the iPhone is or is
> not a better choice for typical users.
>
> As for my method of distribution - it really does take less than an hour to
> set up, and ten minutes max to add a new ad hoc user.
>
> Gerry
>
> On 06/10/2011, at 12:22 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
>
> > How funny you try and defend the one area which even the Mac faithful all
> > agree is a POS. Great job.

Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc.