new iPhone 4s

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Oct 4 23:28:13 EDT 2011

C'mon guys! Haven't you been following the blogs and build up for iPhone 5?
it was pretty well known there was SUPPOSED to be a 4 and a 5, only they
just announced the 4.

Steven, yes the iPhone is a very nice device, only this version isn't all
that much different from a 4 (purely functional point of view). Yes, it is
faster, and has a bit nicer camera-- but that's about it. None of the edge
to edge glass or larger display the Androids tout. I get it. You really like
Apple stuff. I'm happy for you. I'm just asking those who have owned BOTH
for some insights to the plus and minuses of each product.

I find I no longer need much of the iPhone apps as they all exist in better
versions on my iPad. I was seriously considering getting the new iPhone 5
since my plan is up, but I certainly don't think I'll upgrade my 4 to a 4s.
Have you even looked at the Androids in the store? Their screen is
*significantly* larger than the 4. And I know the maps app is better on
Android, as is their native integration with all things Google (which I use
a LOT). And I know I'd much rather develop for Android than iOS- which is a
huge plus (offset by the huge minus of Rev not keeping feature parity
between the two).