When does recursion limit bite you?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Tue Oct 4 10:54:56 EDT 2011

Funny that this comes up at this moment - I've been trying to work with a
'Directory Walker' recursive script (thanks Scott Rossi) and really can't
make it very useful, I keep raising the recursionlimit to millions, but it
eventually will crash on more dense stacks. I included a visible counter to
keep track of iterations, but they only go into the thousands, not millions

This is using Scott's walker from 2002, and the only modification was a test
for file suffix to get a list of certain files  by file types.

Mark, you say that there's a bug in the IDE that makes this worse? Does that
mean 'walkers' work properly in a standalone?

Another question is  - is there another, non-recursive way to walk all
folders? Some kind of two-pass method? Or is this just the way it is?

--

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA