clipboard issue in Windows?

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Nov 30 13:46:57 EST 2011

On 11/30/2011 11:35 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 11/30/11 1:00 AM, Pete wrote:
>> I can see where the confusion comes from on this.  The dictionary claims
>> you can copy a chunk of a control to the clipboard, even has an
>> example  -
>> copy word -3 to -1 of field "Help".
>
> I was wrong, the dictionary is right. Either I was relying on old info,
> or else I lost a synapse somewhere. This works for me too:
>
>    copy word 1 to -1 of fld 1
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> HyperActive Software           | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

*sigh*

"copy" and "clipboardData" may be unreliable on Linux it seems. The copy
function and clipboard is complicated in Linux and for some reason the
KDE clipboard utility, Klipper, does not copy data from LiveCode using
either "copy" or the clipboardData on my system. It works when Klipper
isn't running, though.

Warren