clipboard issue in Windows?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 06:40:18 EST 2011

copy char 1 to -1 of field "fieldname" -- works fine for me, win 7.

Set up a stack with 2 fields, 2 buttons, one copies the other pastes.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957935/copyPaste.livecode

When you say it doesn't seem to do anything, what do you mean? If you have
an insertion point, and paste nothing shows up? The command itself should
have an empty result, and "it" should also contain nothing.  However, if
you issue the command from the message box, you should get a "true"
response to see that it worked.

As mentioned before, sometimes its easier to just set and/or get the
clipboarddata directly.

Oh, you can also "put the clipboard" and it will tell you what kinds of
data it contains if any.