startup handler

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Nov 29 11:36:52 EST 2011

Hi Mark. I get the password clear, then unencrypt the stored password and check it against the entered one. After I am done I delete the variables. It's probably not the best way security wise, but it allows me to pick my own encryption method. Someone would have to find a way to stop the app mid execution and do a memory dump to get the password in it's unencrypted state. I use aes128 with a seed value unique to each password record. That seems pretty secure to me. Not sure if the full encryption library is available to the iOS app tho'.

Bob