setProp Recursion

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Mon Nov 28 17:51:25 EST 2011

I have a setProp handler that refers to its own custom property, eg

setProp xyz pvalue
set the xyz of the target to "abc"
end xyz

According to the Reference manual "If you use the set command within a
setProp handler to set the same custom property for the current object, no
setProp trigger is sent to the target object" (to avoid runaway recursion).
 However, the first time this setProp handler is invoked, I get the LC
message that the recursion limit has been reached.

Either this is a bug or I'm misunderstanding the manual....

--
Pete