Dispatch vs Libraries

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Nov 27 15:38:36 EST 2011

On Nov 27, 2011, at 11:43 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Todd-
>
> Sunday, November 27, 2011, 6:42:04 AM, you wrote:
>
>>   dispatch "SaveData" to Services["MyContact"] with DataArray
>
> !!! You can dispatch a message to an array element? !!!
> I had no idea…

I guess if the array element contains an object descriptor that should work…

Todd - your choice of using "dispatch" should actually be faster than using a library since dispatch sends directly to a specified object, whereas a library would only catch the message after it had gone through the object hierarchy.

Cool stuff, by the way!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com